Under certain circumstances, clicking Publish will now prompt a window to pop up asking you if you’d like to send a push notification out to your users about the changes in your app.
Push notifications help increase user engagement and rekindles interest in using your app. Significant and interesting changes to your app presents the perfect opportunity to send out a notification to your users.
Under what circumstances will clicking Publish prompt the push notification trigger?
You will have to fulfill two criteria for this to occur:
- You are NOT resubmitting your app. Resubmission only occurs if you changed the App Name, App Icon, Loading Screens, and anything under Publishing Info.
- Publishing Info is completely filled out and is not missing anything.
What will it look like when I click Publish?
Once you click Publish, just click “Send a Notification” and then proceed to filling out the fields in the notification window. The default title for the notification is “New Release!”, but you can change any of the options here.
Sweet! Do you have any other advice on push notification best practices?
Yes! Check out the following posts on the Buildfire Blog if you’d like to learn more about push notifications and and how you can optimize them for the best results.
- 5 Tips on Creating Push Notifications That Your Customers Won’t be Able to Resist
- How to Drive Sales Instantly with Push Notifications
- 3 Reasons No One Opens Your Mobile App (and How to Fix Them)